Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween.. Right??

So Halloween was my son's totally favorite holiday...
I lost him 3yrs ago so for me Halloween is more of an in your face reminder that my son isn't here... As is Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and of course Christmas.. I could go on about the days that seem a gazillion times harder for me now that he is gone but I'll spare you that..

Instead to say only it was his favorite holiday, an mine.. well not so much...
However I have a grand baby, an nieces an nephews that depend on their *Mimi* to be upbeat, happy, cheerful, and excited to join in the holiday festivities..
So I throw on a smile, throw out a giggle or two, an make and/or buy special little things that will create (hopefully) fond memories for them, and for me also don't get me wrong, I am not void of all happiness, quite the contrary.. I do have happy holiday's.. mine are just overcast now is all...
However Halloween is one that I would rather just kind of sleep through...
Blah...
Ok so anyway!!!
Last year I found these super cute scarecrow bags!!





Aren't they awesome??? I KNOW RIGHT!!!!
Today I spent filling them up with the kiddo's favorite candy and some cheesy little Halloween drinking straws & Halloween pencils...
I actually caught myself excited for the first time in 3yrs ... it was such a nice change from the previous 3yrs...




I know the kid's will love these cute lil bags, an I know that my sweet boy is lookin down from Heaven sayin' yes mama this is good, smile, and have fun.. an I also know he would have LOVED these little bags an been so excited about gettin them ready for the little ones...
Anyway tonight as your out with your ghouls and goblins, witches and spooks please remember to be safe, watch out for the crazies that are NOT watching out for you.. an above all have fun and cherish these memories, these times although abit hectic make up some of the best times of your life....
Happy Halloween ya'll!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment